skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Burn Out
I heard it was not good to do a lot of work during the summer because teachers need their breaks and can get burnt out. I feel like that is true. I am glad that I am getting these hours out of the way, but this is a lot.
I think it has to do with the individual level of stamina a person has. Things work different for everybody. I have a lot of intrinsic motivation when it comes to reaching my goals and I pretty much will do whatever it takes to get it done. I will have an additional 12 hours completed from the classes that I took this summer. At times it seemed like a lot, but it really wasn't until the end of each session that I began feeling the pressure. Being pressured for only 3 or 4 days each session isn't that bad of a trade off for me. Of course I had to make some sacrifices with family, friends, and other obligations that I have with ministries and organizations that I'm affiliated with, but everyone knows that I have a goal in mind and they are being supportive of that goal. The good thing about being a teacher is that I will have plenty of breaks ahead to sit back and relax.
ReplyDeleteI have intrinsic motivation however I do not like to deal with all the stress. Nor do I want to sacrafice time away from my family. My son will only be 3 once. To each her own.
ReplyDelete