Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Video Production
The worst experience I have had in this class was with the video production. I already have a video camera so I gathered up my actors and shot the video. Well, I tried to hook my camera up to the video and realized that it did not work. I went to different electronic stores and finally found what I thought I needed at Fry's. However that was not the case. My video camera only had a fireport and not a USB port. So I bought the fireport, but my computer does not have a port for a fireport so that did not work. Then I bought something that was suppose to convert video tapes to cd's and all I needed was the equipment and three cords so I tried this. That did not work. I think Vista is too new for the hardware. I called SMU and asked if they let students check out equipment. The answer was no it is only for faculty. I'd had enough by this point. I finally had to go and buy another video camera with a USB cord and reshoot the entire video. After that the rest was pretty simple. For me getting started was the hard part. Moviemaker is really neat I had no idea about all the technology that is right at my fingertips-literally. I think I will continue to use moviemaker for other events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment