Wednesday, December 2, 2009

National Educational Technology Standards

These resources are great tools. I'm not sure why I am just now hearing about them I would like to have been using them.
One of the recommendations I like is Pixie 2. It seems to be very interactive. I was reading some of the reviews and one talked about how children’s ideas come to life. I also like the idea of podcasts and creating online story books. These could both be used in my classroom.
Intel Assessing Projects is also a good suggestion for the classroom. I am a fan of quick and easy assessments. The district I work for also requires teachers to use rubrics. I can use the Assessing Projects tool to create quick assessments and create rubrics.
I love the TechYes- Student Technology Literacy Certification! This would have been a good resource for my multimedia paper. I am an advocate of peer teaching. Students are often times untapped resources. To choose students and train them to become technology tutors would be excellent. TechYes is primarily for grades 6-9. However, this idea can be implemented in my classroom. I believe that some first graders are intelligent enough to receive training and become technology tutors also. It would have to be at a much lower scale. Maybe future MTT students can complete an assignment where they train a student and video that student teaching a lesson or mentoring peers.
The Designing Effective Projects is also a good resource. It provides various lessons that integrate technology. The best thing about it is that the lessons are designed by teachers. I can use this resource to help me continue to integrated technology in the classroom.
Frames is a resource that will benefit my students. With Frame you can create digital storytelling, animation and etc. I really like the idea of digital storytelling and will use this in my classroom. I’m curious to see how it works. This software is also used for claymation. I am curious to know what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment