Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Exercises 6.1 and 6.2

Identifying Sources of Ideas for Education and Training Programs Exercise 6.1
1. I have recently completed technology professional developments. This took a while and I have to finish the last training. I had to break these trainings into six parts each training being forty five minutes long. I planned a staff training for Smart board, Audacity, Database, Movie Maker, Power Point, and Word.
2. I trained 4 other teachers on my first grade team. I used survey monkey to find out what the teachers needed help on and I also used the Caffarella book to help plan the assessment.
3. First I created an assessment in survey monkey to determine the training needs of the teachers. Second I conducted an informal survey with the teachers to establish exactly what they needed to know about each technology tool. For example, with Smart board should we begin with how to turn the Smart board on, or how to connect it to the infocus machine and computer, or should we start with different lessons that are useful with Smart board and etc. Thirdly, I trained the teachers on what they needed to know and incorporated a question and answer session so the teachers can ask questions and attain more information.
Exercise 6.2
1. I am involved in the OHI committee at my school. This committee focuses on how to get the school to improve the way staff feels about different situations that occur during the school day.
2. The committee discusses different issues and how those issues can be resolved. We could provide a training demonstrating the correct way to state and address a problem. This would be beneficial because sometimes teachers complain to other teachers and nothing gets solved. Basically, the only technique we use to solve problems is discussion.
3. We chose to openly discuss certain issues so that everybody would have a chance to chime in on the discussion. It’s informing to hear what other teachers have to say about situations instead of just hearing the principal’s suggestions.
4. When people discuss everybody have a chance to give suggestions instead of the discussion being controlled by a dictator.

No comments:

Post a Comment