Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Research Project

The school I work at has been chosen to be a particpant in a research project. The experience is great. I have received six new computers in my class donated by the district for the study. My question is if the district has more computers then why didn't I get them in the first place. Either way, the research project is computer based and I am now able to have eight kids on the computer at one time. Thats almost half the class. The students are really engaged while they are on the computer. I often hear them singing are saying "hey look at this." Kids think it is a priveldge getting on the computer and sometimes ask if they can use the computer when their work is finished. I am excited. The program also collects data for the teacher and allows for easier differentiated instruction. It also has a lot of work tailored to each individual child's need that is printable. I hope my students continue to have success in the study and keep enjoying it as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment